General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information go to Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/
- For Practice Information please click on the links below.
Please click on the links below to know more about how your information is used by us and the NHS.
a. How we use your information to provide you with Healthcare
b. How your information is used for medical research
c. How your information is shared so Tawstock can meet legal requirements.